Cowan the only candidate to trust on gun rights — or on anything
In Congress, John Cowan will do more than stop the Far Left’s gun-grabbing agenda. He’s outlined an aggressive agenda for defending the Second Amendment with an expansion of gun rights.
“Marjorie Taylor Greene knows she can’t win this election by telling the truth, so she lies about my record and my positions — even when her lies are easily disproved. Voters simply can’t trust anything she says.
“My position is clear: I will always stand up for northwest Georgians’ right to bear arms,” said Cowan. “I am a lifetime member of the NRA, a sworn reserve deputy sheriff, a loyal supporter of law enforcement heroes, and I have owned a firearm since I was in elementary school. I fully support Constitutional Carry and you will never have to guess where I stand on our gun rights.
“Every group and individual who has chosen back my campaign knows that I am 100 percent pro-gun. They choose to support me because they know I have the background and conservative record to get the job done in Washington.”
Unlike Greene — whose grasp on policies doesn’t go past her talking points — Cowan outlined specific gun rights proposals early in his campaign that he would support in Congress:
- Oppose unconstitutional “Red Flag” laws. While an advocate for better mental healthcare in America, John cannot support any law that robs Americans of their constitutional rights without due process based on the subjective opinions of friends, family or a colleague. These laws could lead to rampant abuse, government overreach and an erosion of personal liberty.
- Oppose efforts to ban so-called “assault weapons.” Although the leftist media claim otherwise, the Clinton-era “assault weapon ban” had no impact on crime, according to government studies. In fact, murder rates were higher during the ban, which ended in 2004.
- Support Concealed Carry Reciprocity legislation. Our Second Amendment rights should not disappear at state lines. John supports the federal Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act to allow citizens to carry or possess concealed firearms in other states that also allow concealed carry.
- Oppose efforts to limit “large” ammunition magazines. Many common handguns and rifles used for self-defense have ammunition magazines of at least 10 rounds, exceeding the arbitrary size restriction the Democrats continue to seek.
- Oppose efforts to use tax dollars to conduct biased firearm studies by liberal universities. Federal funding to the CDC should not be allocated to research by leftist institutions that advocate or promote gun control policies. John will not allow taxpayer dollars to be spent to advance Democrats’ political objectives.
“My opponent continues to fire ridiculously inaccurate claims about my positions in a desperate attempt to detract voters from her own past. She has lied about her record on illegal immigration and lied about supporting Trump from the beginning when she refused to vote in the 2016 presidential primary. If she will so blatantly lie to northwest Georgians about obvious facts, we can’t trust her to keep her word in Congress.”